Thursday, March 21, 2013

USS Ronald Reagan comes home

Well she's finally home. The USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) came back to San Diego today, after being up in Washington for the last 14 months undergoing some overhauls and maintenance.



This is a special ship to me. She is my ship, and I'm so proud of her. First, she was named after one of the greatest men and President of these United States of America. If we would only listen to his wise words of wisdom from back in the 60's now, maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

 
But she (the Ship) is special in other ways. When I was in the Marines, my first duty station was at 8th & I St. Marine Barracks in Washington D.C., and I was assigned to the Presidential Guard. The first time I met the President, I thought I was going to pee my pants. I was only 19, and he was the President, but he was so kind and his voice just came out like he had known you forever.
 
 
President Reagan was also my father's favorite President, and my father spent his entire life defending this great Country. he served in the Navy and Air Force for a total of 37 1/2 years (active duty and reserves) and work for the Defense Department for 20 years serving the Navy and Marine Corps. When my father passed away in July of 2011, he requested to be buried at sea from the USS Ronald Reagan, and the Navy came through and did as requested. Therefore, the USS Ronald Reagan will always be my special ship. The best carrier in the United States Navy!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment