Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The 2013 El Centro Air Show

This may have been the only opportunity for the public to view the US Navy Blue Angels, Congress still can't get their act together and fix the budget. I certainly feel for the Air Show director "Michelle Dee" as it seemed that her show's performers kept pulling a disappearing act from her schedule this year. But the Show went on.

Now I only went to the show this year (as Non-Media) so I could shoot the British Army's AH-64 Apache helicopters and they did not disappoint. I had originally planned on attending the Luke Air Force base's show, but it was one of the first shows cancelled due to budget cuts.The pilot of the Apache put on a great show of the helicopters abilities, and it is one impressive ship. One of the reason's I did not stay for the Blue Angels and the rest of the performers was I have seen many of the performers often and I personally just can't take the heat of the Imperial Valley without some sort of shade. As I was leaving, the crowd attendance seemed to be much lower than last years, but maybe people started showing up after I left.




No comments:

Post a Comment