Tuesday, February 5, 2013

NAF El Centro 01/31/2013

I decided to head out to Imperial County and go to Naval Air Field El Centro. I had heard that the Navy's Blue Angels had arrived, but that was not my main focus. I wanted to see who else might be flying.

As soon as I arrived the two solo pilots of Blue Angels were practicing, and when they were done, the field's activity increased ten-fold. F/A-18's started lining up and taking off. There were 2 Navy squadrons VMFA 106 & 122, and the Royal Canadian Air Squadron 425, the "Alouettes" or "Skylarks" flying their version of the 18 called the CF-188.

They launched and recovered for several hours and the weather was nice being sunny and about 65 degrees with no wind. Always a pleasure to visit NAF El Centro during the winter time.









No comments:

Post a Comment