Monday, May 18, 2015

Recent updates

Well it's been busy for once. I covered the U.S. Marines "WTI" exercise again, and was able to fly in KC-130's for refueling missions of Ospreys and Harriers, two planes, I've never been able to do an Air2Air with until this trip.


 
 

I then attended the 15th MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit's) prepping for their deployment, and witnessed their M1-A1 tanks on the beaches at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.



In late April, I was very fortunate to have been flown by the US Navy to the USS John C. Stennis for my second aircraft carrier trap and eventually, my second launch from the a carrier. Always exciting. I spent two days / 1 night onboard photography the ships build up and qualifications prior to their next deployment.






I attended the 2015 Planes of Fame Airshow at Chino, and it's always a good show. Lots of Mustangs, but the show was the Canadian F/A-18 demo team was present in beautiful camouflage.





I am very fortunate to have yet another article printed in the Spring 2015 issue of "Wings of Gold", about the first time I went out to the USS Nimitz to cover the Navy's testing of the F-35 Lightning II, back in November.



And for my third time (second time for 2015), I have another article printed in "Combat Aircraft"Magazine. This is such a huge honor for me, as this is the premiere magazine for military aviation around the world. The story is on the history of the Death Rattlers, US Marine fighter squadron, and then an interview with it's current Commanding Officer. It is in the June issue. One of my images even made the cover!



My Facebook page is slowly growing with people from around the world, and I truly appreciate everyone who have friended the page and taken time to look at my website. I also have had the pleasure to meet and work with some the biggest names in aviation photography, and became friends with these wonderful people. Dr. Sean Wilson and Paul Mulligan of The United Kingdom. James Deboar of New York. All great people. Well until the next time. Take care folks!

1 comment: