Saturday, October 12, 2013

WTI 1-14

Well, with the sequestration still in place for the US military, the Airshows have all been cancelled, if there was any military involved, and this has led to a really slow year for most of the aviation photographers this year.

As for myself, I've been fairly busy. I wrote an article about the 358th going to the gunnery range and it is being published by Combat Aircraft Monthly for November 2013. (The North American version may have a B-1 on the cover).


On October 2, 2013 I was very fortunate to attend the Fall Weapons and Tactics Instructors course for the U.S. Marines at MCAS Yuma, in Yuma, Arizona. I was assigned to fly in a Huey UH-1Y helicopter ( a gunship). We flew into the Chocolate Mountains of southern California. It was really exciting as we would be flying through the canyons and then pop up over a mountain and then descend quickly blasting the targets with rockets, and machine guns. What an experience! Now, I've flown in most of the Marine's Helicopter inventory. The CH-53 and 46 as a Marine and the MV-22 and now the UH-1W as a photojournalist.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment